Aevitas

Altar capture question

7 posts in this topic

I've played so so many games on Titan Ruins and still this question leaves me sleeplessly wondering at night.

Sometimes altar capture takes about 7 seconds and sometimes about 15 seconds, what does it depend on? What's the requirement needed to capture the altar the quicker way, I actually cannot find an answer to it.

Thanks

I think maybe it is because some of the altars are for vision control of a lane, and some of the altars are ones where you summon a "mega minion" to fight for you. The vision altars are really quick, but the "mega minion" altars take longer, I guess to simulate the work it takes to summon a being and bending it to your will?

Posted (edited)

to simulate the work it takes to summon a being and bending it to your will?

Hahahahahahhaha, ok.

Edited by Aevitas

On 14/04/2017 at 5:32 PM, Aevitas said:

I've played so so many games on Titan Ruins and still this question leaves me sleeplessly wondering at night.

Sometimes altar capture takes about 7 seconds and sometimes about 15 seconds, what does it depend on? What's the requirement needed to capture the altar the quicker way, I actually cannot find an answer to it.

Thanks

Hi. If you are talking about the Altars (the ones that have 2 guardians protecting it) I think it depends on how far you are in late game. The first altar altar you try to conquer takes a small ammount of time, while the third for example, takes like 3 times more ( idk never counted, but you can see a clear difference ) I'm not sure of the reason but it seems the most logical answer to me, as 5v5 get's more intense the more you are into late game. Makes sence that altars are harder to get since they can have more impact late game than early game.

16 hours ago, Convictuz said:

Hi. If you are talking about the Altars (the ones that have 2 guardians protecting it) I think it depends on how far you are in late game. The first altar altar you try to conquer takes a small ammount of time, while the third for example, takes like 3 times more ( idk never counted, but you can see a clear difference ) I'm not sure of the reason but it seems the most logical answer to me, as 5v5 get's more intense the more you are into late game. Makes sence that altars are harder to get since they can have more impact late game than early game.

I don 't think this is the case.

Sometimes I can cap just as fast as early game.

Ive played 20 minute games and capped extremly fast.

some games it takes like 20+ seconds

1 hour ago, Vero said:

I don 't think this is the case.

Sometimes I can cap just as fast as early game.

Ive played 20 minute games and capped extremly fast.

some games it takes like 20+ seconds

Well, maybe the more altars you take, the more time it takes to conquer the next one. Maybe it happened to you to get your first or second altar  after 20 mins of game. I've never had a altar captured in less than 20 secs into late game ( but I always capture altars so idk how it works in case u get your first in late game already )
idk, just speculation.

Idk exactly how it works, but usually the first altar is quick, and then after that it varies. I have had the 2nd altar be a long cap while the 3rd be a quick cap, and vice versa. The time limit or amount of points you have doesn't seem to affect the cap time for altar guardians. I think they just did it this way to make it more of a challenge, as first altar is always a fast cap, by slowing down the cap time it gives the opposing team a chance to rally and steal it from you, which is good cause, altar guardians can make a big difference especially if linked with an incarnate.