Raikhaos

Death knight is useless

20 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I AM SO FED UP, death knight in ranked pvp is totally useless, i could not kill anyone with him. They need to lower the cooldown of skelecrash or give him the ability to use it twice or so in quick succession and give him cc immunity during its usage. Remove the damned 50 % reduced damage it has because even when it is 100%  it doesnt even do much damage.  Remove hellfire or rework it, NOONE uses it. Look on the death knight boss you made and draw more from him because the death knight you guys gave us is a CHEAP knockoff. Give him lifesteal on each hit or something instead of every 1 second. and the health cost of his skills outways the hp gain he gets.... ;( everything about death knight sucks in ranked. I am ashamed to say that he is my main, or soon to be WAS. Listen to your players! this game is going to be dead soon, wasted all my time on this game before release and after expecting stuff to be good, i have the number 1 rank guild and all i get is a little gold, exp, and some guild coins that only i receive out of the entire guild. Very disappointing, ADVERTISE MORE!, LISTEN TO THE PLAYERS! and stop giving us crap. His survival skill was not crap yesterday or today in PvE, it always was because who the hell wants only a 15% movement speed boost survival skill? Yeah that'll block the skill damage from the titanites and mobs.

Edited by Raikhaos

well.

now u know.

i hope that information make u stop playing him in ranked .

Ya Deathknight has never been viable in ranked, you will see maybe and i say MAYBE 12/36 different masters in ranked, the rest wont be used because well they suck and certain masters can be exploited, this of course was brought to their attention way back before alpha, in alpha and in beta, but still the exploits persist. It is supposed to be a "SKILL" based game but they have non skill shot abils that can do some crazy dmg/CC, non "SKILL" shot abilities do not require "SKILL" to use, thus negating the skill based game, all it really is, is knowing what bs their masters can pull and countering with your own bs.

On 8/6/2017 at 9:31 PM, Raikhaos said:

I AM SO FED UP, death knight in ranked pvp is totally useless, i could not kill anyone with him. They need to lower the cooldown of skelecrash or give him the ability to use it twice or so in quick succession and give him cc immunity during its usage. Remove the damned 50 % reduced damage it has because even when it is 100%  it doesnt even do much damage.  Remove hellfire or rework it, NOONE uses it. Look on the death knight boss you made and draw more from him because the death knight you guys gave us is a CHEAP knockoff. Give him lifesteal on each hit or something instead of every 1 second. and the health cost of his skills outways the hp gain he gets.... ;( everything about death knight sucks in ranked. I am ashamed to say that he is my main, or soon to be WAS. Listen to your players! this game is going to be dead soon, wasted all my time on this game before release and after expecting stuff to be good, i have the number 1 rank guild and all i get is a little gold, exp, and some guild coins that only i receive out of the entire guild. Very disappointing, ADVERTISE MORE!, LISTEN TO THE PLAYERS! and stop giving us crap. His survival skill was not crap yesterday or today in PvE, it always was because who the hell wants only a 15% movement speed boost survival skill? Yeah that'll block the skill damage from the titanites and mobs.

He's not useless, but hes not a super badass either. skele crash and hellfire are not worth using imo. STun and faster blade are the key. Basically he is good at finishing players off and harassing the team. I think he could be improved a bit. Skelecrash prolly needs knockdown instead of knockback. HP costs on skills need to come down a bit, or more hp return ability. But, he can murder and hunt some people pretty well, negating their skill damage, and stating for heavy defense for basics.

2 hours ago, Zagbok said:

Ya Deathknight has never been viable in ranked, you will see maybe and i say MAYBE 12/36 different masters in ranked, the rest wont be used because well they suck and certain masters can be exploited, this of course was brought to their attention way back before alpha, in alpha and in beta, but still the exploits persist. It is supposed to be a "SKILL" based game but they have non skill shot abils that can do some crazy dmg/CC, non "SKILL" shot abilities do not require "SKILL" to use, thus negating the skill based game, all it really is, is knowing what bs their masters can pull and countering with your own bs.

actually just counted it, and i see 28ish/38 masters fairly commonly in ranked. The ones that are more rare are demenos, death knight, moro, mondo, ignuma, r and b, maia

The most banned are vita vonak sizuka tulam, out of those, only vita's sheep, and sizuka dash arent skill shots, but sizuka dash cant stun you if you are facing her, so you can just face her and negate its powerful effect. tulam is skill shot, and vonaks are skill shots.

Pancuga is skill based, statesman has to aim everything. I dont think your opinion's actually represent what you tend to see in the game.

I agree with 3 things at Death Knight, using way too much HP for the skills AND his HP not event exceeding 3000 . Passive not so much valuable also beside revival free but cost too long, short it down to 6 minutes is fine to me. Survival skill is good but not so good since no slot for PvE in it much . And as we well know no matter how hard rock Tank is, they will not going to be a fantasy moving statue in Extreme mode or Nightmare in PvE.

5 minutes ago, LightingReaver said:

I agree with 3 things at Death Knight, using way too much HP for the skills AND his HP not event exceeding 3000 . Passive not so much valuable also beside revival free but cost too long, short it down to 6 minutes is fine to me. Survival skill is good but not so good since no slot for PvE in it much . And as we well know no matter how hard rock Tank is, they will not going to be a fantasy moving statue in Extreme mode or Nightmare in PvE.

in PVE, he is currently not that great. Probably mostly because, as you say, his defense skill isnt very useful, he can however recover hp decently, but it makes his damage take forever, and its boring, no button presses or technique makes it better, just auto attack with little skill use. It might be ok, if by not taking damage you could be more powerful or aggressive, but not so much.

Posted (edited)

Phys, tulams charge is not a skill shot, his tunnel is, his ult is aoe based but its a quick aoe with decent size radius, also I didn't say any specifics on which masters, but it was a general statement of change everything to skill shots to actually make this a skill based game. Also sizuka ya u can stop her stun that is assuming she didn't take invis, now most wouldn't invis snap strike, but I have seen a few do it, though a titan sight would easily take care of the invis, but you also lose out on a rather nice heal. You just counted what, The amount of masters you have played against? hell i have played against all them if that is the case, but lets be honest not all 28 of those masters are very good, a lot of mediocre while a good handful are just way above them.

Edited by Zagbok

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, Phys said:

in PVE, he is currently not that great.

What are you talking about? Death Knight is great in PvE for the sheer fact that he can build 50+%, in a single weak state, of the bosses break bar without breaking much of a sweat. :V Not to mention pretty insane ability to survive.

If you are going for world records, though, sure...There may be better choices.

Edited by Dulces

14 hours ago, Dulces said:

What are you talking about? Death Knight is great in PvE for the sheer fact that he can build 50+%, in a single weak state, of the bosses break bar without breaking much of a sweat. :V Not to mention pretty insane ability to survive.

If you are going for world records, though, sure...There may be better choices.

A lot of people can break the CC bar, survivability is no big deal, i often do extremes without healers. Nightmare, where healing matters, i would say nedian and bumaro are more survivable and do more damage.

Its not that he is incapable of playing pve, its just that he isnt bring much other than the thrill of being a lawnmower for a short period of time.

Posted (edited)

9 hours ago, Phys said:

A lot of people can break the CC bar, survivability is no big deal, i often do extremes without healers. Nightmare, where healing matters, i would say nedian and bumaro are more survivable and do more damage.

Its not that he is incapable of playing pve, its just that he isnt bring much other than the thrill of being a lawnmower for a short period of time.

I've not seen a master who could do as much break, in as short a time period, as Death Knight can. O_o But then, who else has two stuns and attacks like a lawnmower? :V (Great way to classify him)

Edited by Dulces

3 hours ago, Dulces said:

I've not seen a master who could do as much break, in as short a time period, as Death Knight can. O_o But then, who else has two stuns and attacks like a lawnmower? :V (Great way to classify him)

rytlock super breaks bars pretty fast, and pistol whip, but honestly bringing a player solely for bar breaking, isnt always a good idea. Its not enough just to be CC bar breaker imo, thats a very small part of the stage. Unless you can solo the whole level with one master, and dont need mana

Posted (edited)

40 minutes ago, Phys said:

rytlock super breaks bars pretty fast, and pistol whip, but honestly bringing a player solely for bar breaking, isnt always a good idea. Its not enough just to be CC bar breaker imo, thats a very small part of the stage. Unless you can solo the whole level with one master, and dont need mana

You *have* to break Kromede at the end of Fire Temple Extreme, unless you want to die. :V

And breaking bosses let's the rest of your team get  auto-crits....which makes the boss die much faster on Extreme/Nightmare.

Mana isn't really a problem, unless you are soloing Nightmare.

Edited by Dulces

Why are you focusing on killing the other team rather than objectives in ranked? People matched with you must really get pissed.

Useless, huh? That's a pretty inaccurate generalization. While Death Knight doesn't sit on top of the totem pole in terms of relative strength, he is far from "useless." 

Are you the very same /u/Raikhaos who authored "The downfalls and issues of using death knight" on the /r/playMXM subreddit? If so, I'd ask that you read through the replies and then consider running a few different Node setups. Overstacking remains a very strong option for many Masters who have a contrast of strengths and weaknesses.

On 9/8/2017 at 10:01 PM, Dulces said:

You *have* to break Kromede at the end of Fire Temple Extreme, unless you want to die. :V

No you dont HAVE to, vita ult can block it, as can merope conversion battery, and I am sure there are other skills like that I am not thinking off too. Heck dodges with invulnerability frames could probably evade it as well, though that would require quite insane precise timing likely

Posted (edited)

11 minutes ago, Gummiel said:

No you dont HAVE to, vita ult can block it, as can merope conversion battery, and I am sure there are other skills like that I am not thinking off too. Heck dodges with invulnerability frames could probably evade it as well, though that would require quite insane precise timing likely

Vita ult wastes *time*.

Trust me, I chewed my guild master out plenty for trying that non-sense out after I already broke Kromede. :V

You can finish Kromede off in five-ten seconds, after breaking her, on Extreme. Easily netting you a SSS.

Edited by Dulces

1 hour ago, Dulces said:

Vita ult wastes *time*.

Trust me, I chewed my guild master out plenty for trying that non-sense out after I already broke Kromede. :V

You can finish Kromede off in five-ten seconds, after breaking her, on Extreme. Easily netting you a SSS.

you dont need death knight to break her though, or get SSS. you can break her with almost anyone, across her 4-5 weaknesses

1 minute ago, Phys said:

you dont need death knight to break her though, or get SSS. you can break her with almost anyone, across her 4-5 weaknesses

If you time everything corretcly, yeah, but if you run Lua/Merope you need to make sure your skills are ready...because your auto doesn't do much of anything to build the break bar.

Death Knight is just the safer option..and he attacks like a lawnmower when she gets broken, anyhow. :V SO it's not like you lose damage.

On 8/9/2017 at 2:01 PM, Dulces said:

Call me late to the party, but just thought I'd add in. You don't have to break her at all. The damage is tankable, even on Extreme, if you are at full health or very close to it and not particularly flimsy. I recall surviving it on Kat and I think even Merope when I mistimed my box or battery - and yes, both work if timed right. So does Bumaro's survival, etc. Probably Statesman's. Kat is particularly offensive on this though, as he will usually spend most of the fight full health even with shoddy evasion, so he can pretty much ignore the attack entirely... Bumaro being weak to Kro isn't as good but can still heal insanely fast when he doesn't get one-shot. Merope+Kat is what I used for the bulk of my 362 bows...